Chicken Foot Souse
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 lb chicken foot
- 3 lemons (or limes)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 20 leaves chadon beni
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- salt to taste (about ¼ tsp.)
- 2 pimento peppers
- 1 hot pepper
- Wash and cut the chicken foot, removing the toenails. Use 1 lemon to wash. Add salt and two cloves of garlic. Boil the chicken foot until tender. Pour out the water when done and wash the feet again with water. Do this about three times.
- In the mean time, puree the chadon beni and pimento in a blender.
- Add the sliced onions and cucumber to the boiled chicken feet. Add a little water, the pureed chadon beni and lemon juice of the remaining two lemons. Cut up a scotch bonnet hot pepper.
- Mix the ingredients and allow to marinate for about three hours. Adjust salt according to taste.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved