Chicken Foot Souse
- 1 lb chicken foot
- 3 lemons or limes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion sliced
- 20 leaves chadon beni
- 1 cucumber sliced
- salt to taste about 1/4 tsp.
- 2 pimento peppers
- 1 hot pepper
- Wash and cut the chicken foot, removing the toenails. Use 1 lemon to wash. Add salt and two cloves of garlic. Boil the chicken foot until tender. Pour out the water when done and wash the feet again with water. Do this about three times.
- In the mean time, puree the chadon beni and pimento in a blender.
- Add the sliced onions and cucumber to the boiled chicken feet. Add a little water, the pureed chadon beni and lemon juice of the remaining two lemons. Cut up a scotch bonnet hot pepper.
- Mix the ingredients and allow to marinate for about three hours. Adjust salt according to taste.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved