- 2 cups pre-sifted flour or cake flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 1 tbsp. salted butter softened
- 1 tbsp. shortening
- 1 cup evaporated milk low fat
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt twice. Note: If you do decide to use the cinnamon, sift it with the other ingredients here.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and shortening.
- Add it to the flour. Add the milk, in thirds. Fold into the flour and make a smooth soft dough.
- Flatten the dough (1 cm thick) with a rolling pin. Sprinkle cheese over the flattened dough.
- Roll.... Cut into 1-inch thick rounds. Place on a greased baking sheet, and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until golden brown.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved