Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 12 biscuits (3" diameter)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ¾ cup milk, evaporated
- Cheese and paprika to garnish
- Sift the flour. Add the baking powder and salt. Add the cinnamon and mix well. Cut in the butter and add the cheese. Mix well. Add the milk and knead into a soft dough. Note: You can use a fork to mix the ingredients before kneading. Set aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Lightly dust the surface before rolling out the dough into ¼" thickness. Use a floured, round biscuit cutter or a round drinking glass to cut out the biscuits. Children would enjoy the puffing noise created when the biscuits are cut with a drinking glass**. Place the biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Garnish the biscuits with some cheese and a dash of paprika. Bake in a preheated oven, 400 degrees F, for about 15 minutes. Place in a bowl lined with napkins or a cloth.
** Press down and do not twist the cutter. After cutting out the biscuits knead the dough; roll it out; then continue cutting.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved