- 1 cup channa garbanzo bean
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp wine vinegar you can substitute with 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp salt optional
- hot water to soak the channa
- Soak the channa in hot water for 30 minutes
- NOTE: Alternatively you can soak overnight if you’re not in a hurry.
- Pressure cook for 45 minutes.
- NOTE: Because of the long cooking time make sure you add enough water to pressure cook the channa. As an added step add about 2 tsp salt to the water before pressure cooking.
- Toss all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve chilled.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved