Servings: 5 L
- 5 cups cerise
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 5 litres water
- Use to sweeten after 21 days:
- 5 c sugar
- 1 c raisins
- Before we begin, remember to sterilize all utensils with hot water and put the 5 L of water to boil then cool.
- Wash the Cerise. Place the Cerise into a bucket and pour the 5 L of water. Add sugar and yeast.
- Stir. Cover lightly and allow to “set” for 21 days.
- Strain and sweeten the wine. Note: Again remember to sterilize utensils before use.
- Wash the raisins. Set aside.
- Store the liquid in bottles….and add raisins. Lightly cover bottle ( don’t screw the cap on tightly). Leave for 10 days.
- After the 10 days strain using sterilized utensils. Bottle and store in a cool place. Note: Do write the date when the wine was made to know how long it has been cured.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved