Recipe type: Drink
- ½ (about 1½ cups) medium cassava, chopped
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Wash, peel and cut up the cassava.
- In a pot add 1 cup of water and the bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Place the chopped cassava in a blender with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth.
- Add the blended cassava to the boiling water. Continue stirring until the cassava is cooked (Note: When cooked, the cassava will look translucent.)
- Add the condensed milk and the remaining cup of water. Continue stirring until the porridge has a thick, creamy consistency. Adjust milk and sugar to taste as necessary.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Cassava Porridge – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]