- 6 cups cassava flour
- 2 tsp salt
- Peel and grate the cassava.
- Place in a cloth and squeeze out the water.
- Rub between your hands to make fine crumbs.
- Place the cassava to dry in the hot sun for at least 3 hours.
- Add the salt and mix.
- Place the form on the tawa over a low fire.
- Note: I used a 9″ spring form pan with the bottom removed.
- Place 1 cup of the cassava flour in the form and spread thinly.
- Press using the back of a spoon.
- Cook for 5 min on both sides.
- Note: Remember the fire must be very low.
- When finished remove the crumbs from the tawa.
- Place in a bowl then place in the sun until dry and hard.
- Note: The cassava bread will get dry and hard like crackers.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved