- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 large red pimento pepper
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme
- 1 small onion finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. saffron mixed in 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp chopped celery or chadon beni optional
- salt to taste
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the saffron and water mixture.
- Stir and cook the saffron until it forms a paste. Then add the pimento.
- Add the carrots. Stir to mix the ingredients evenly.
- Note: Make sure the flame is low, so you don’t overcook or burn the carrots.
- Next, add the rice and salt to taste. Stir until the carrot is evenly distributed.
- Optionally, add chopped celery or chadon beni and mix thoroughly.
- Note: I did this to push the flavour a bit.
- Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved