Carrot Muffins With Raspberry Jam Filling
Servings: 10 -12 muffins
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 -1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup soft butter unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk 2%
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Slivered or chopped almonds
- Vanilla cream frosting
- Raspberry jam filling
- Grate the carrots.
- Place the sugar in a deep bowl.
- Beat the eggs. Add to the sugar, add the butter,. Combine the sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder together. Add the salt. Mix.
- Stir the liquids into the dry ingredients and form a smooth batter.
- Fold in the carrots. Blend well.
- Spoon the batter into the paper muffin cups.
- Preheat the oven for 375 degrees F and bake for 20-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- With an icing tip, cut holes at the top of the muffin. (Place the tip over the muffin, push the tip in a bit and twist the head then remove the tip.)
- Fill with raspberry jam. Frost with a vanilla cream frosting. Sprinkle chopped almond nuts.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved