This carrot and cauliflower loaf could be eaten at lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cooked carrots
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Apple Curry Sauce:
- 1 small pared cored and grated apple (For the thin sauce use 1/4 cup apple juice)
- 1 small onion finely grated
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 3 leaves chadon beni minced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Boil the vegetables. Drain.
- Finely chop or mash the carrots and cauliflower. Grate the cheese as well. Mix together.
- Add the whipping cream and beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly then puree the mixture together until you get a smooth paste.
- Note: You will need a food processor or a hand blender to help you puree the vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 inch greased baking dish or loaf pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
- Leave to cool before cutting. Serve with the apple curry sauce.
- APPLE CURRY SAUCE
- Note: the following method is for a thick sauce. Follow the extra instructions for a thin sauce.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the onion and curry powder and continue to cook 2 minutes over low heat. Add flour and stir.
- Note: If you’re doing the thick sauce you would add the grated apple at this step.
- Stir in the liquids, one at a time and continue to simmer until sauce thickens.
- Note: Add the apple juice to this step for the thin sauce.
- Stir in chadon beni, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with the carrot and cauliflower loaf.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved