Carrot and Cauliflower Loaf With Apple Curry Sauce
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cooked carrots
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Apple Curry Sauce:
- 1 small pared cored and grated apple (For the thin sauce use 1/4 cup apple juice)
- 1 small onion finely grated
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 3 leaves chadon beni minced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Boil the vegetables. Drain.
- Finely chop or mash the carrots and cauliflower. Grate the cheese as well. Mix together.
- Add the whipping cream and beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly then puree the mixture together until you get a smooth paste.
- Note: You will need a food processor or a hand blender to help you puree the vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 inch greased baking dish or loaf pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
- Leave to cool before cutting. Serve with the apple curry sauce.
- APPLE CURRY SAUCE
- Note: the following method is for a thick sauce. Follow the extra instructions for a thin sauce.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the onion and curry powder and continue to cook 2 minutes over low heat. Add flour and stir.
- Note: If you’re doing the thick sauce you would add the grated apple at this step.
- Stir in the liquids, one at a time and continue to simmer until sauce thickens.
- Note: Add the apple juice to this step for the thin sauce.
- Stir in chadon beni, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with the carrot and cauliflower loaf.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved