Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: Creole, Caribbean
- 12 dasheen bush, preferably the young curled leaves, chopped and washed
- ¼ cup pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- 8 ochroes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig chive, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 pimento, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Salt to taste
- (Please remember to cut and throw the tips of the dasheen leaves)
- Pour all the ingredients into a deep pot. Pour the milk over it. Place over a low fire and leave to cook. When the ingredients have softened,mix and ensure there is enough liquid in the pot.
- Season with salt and bouillon cube if desired. (You may add hot pepper now). You may add more water if the liquid is drying up.
- When all the ingredients, especially the dasheen bush, are cooked and soft, remove from heat. Allow to cool. Blend the ingredients in a processor or blender or use a dhal gutney or a swizzle stick.
- Serve as a side.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved