- 12 dasheen bush preferably the young curled leaves, chopped and washed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 1 hot pepper optional
- 8 ochroes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig chive finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 pimento finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Salt to taste
- (Please remember to cut and throw the tips of the dasheen leaves)
- Pour all the ingredients into a deep pot. Pour the milk over it. Place over a low fire and leave to cook. When the ingredients have softened,mix and ensure there is enough liquid in the pot.
- Season with salt and bouillon cube if desired. (You may add hot pepper now). You may add more water if the liquid is drying up.
- When all the ingredients, especially the dasheen bush, are cooked and soft, remove from heat. Allow to cool. Blend the ingredients in a processor or blender or use a dhal gutney or a swizzle stick.
- Serve as a side.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved