Buss up Shut (Paratha Roti)
- 4 cups flour
- 6 tbsp. Ghee butter (Ghee is clarified butter)
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Sift and mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add enough of water. Knead to a soft dough. Form four loyas or balls and leave to "rest" for about 15 - 30 mins.
- Roll out the dough. Spread butter or ghee and sprinkle with flour. Make a cut from the centre out to the edge and roll making a cone. Press the peak and flatten the centre of the cone. Leave to "rest" about 15 - 30mins
- Roll out on a floured board Using the flat side of a cup or other utensil, dip into butter or ghee and coat an already hot tawah. Place the dough onto the tawah.
- Spread the ghee or butter on one side using the flat edge of the cup, then turn over onto the other side to cook.
- Spread butter or ghee on the other side the same way. When cooked on both sides use a dabla to break up the roti. (You can alternatively, wrap the roti in a clean cloth and beat with you hands or bailna).
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved