Servings: 1 9" x 9" pan
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup peanut powder
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Add the chocolate powder and mix well over the fire. The chocolate mixes easily. Set aside to cool. You could use a hand mixer to help you mix the ingredients well.
- Beat the eggs until they look light yellow like above. Add the sugar and the vanilla essence. Mix well until you have a smooth mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add the flour to the cream mixture and beat well.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. The mixture gets thicker as you mix. Add the peanut powder (and peanuts if you wish). Mix well again.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased pan and bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved