Brown Sugar Fudge
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- ¼ lb (½ cup) butter
- Grease a dish and put aside.
- Put butter in a saucepan or pot over medium fire to melt.When the butter has melted place sugar and milk and stir gently and constantly until mixture becomes golden brown, leaves the side of the saucepan and thickens.
- Test the candy (the heat should be lowered slowly while you test the candy).
- To test the candy, drop a ½ tsp of it into some water. If the tested piece forms into a firm ball remove the sauce pan from heat and immediately pour into the buttered dish.
- (this test ball must be at the right consistency; too soft and your fudge may come out like toffee, too hard : your fudge may be firm and brittle.)
- Shake the dish to make sure the mixture levels out. Allow the mixture to set for about five minutes. Mark into squares and allow the candy to cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved