Broccoli in Garlic Sauce
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli cut into florets (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp garlic grated
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 sprigs chive thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water for broccoli
- In a medium sized bowl, add grated garlic, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, rice cooking wine,
- cornstarch, sugar, and sesame oil. Stir and set aside.
- Wash and set aside broccoli florets in a bowl.
- Heat wok and add coconut oil. Add the broccoli and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and steam for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Note: You can still try a normal cast iron pot; just let it heat up first.
- Lower the heat. Pour garlic sauce over broccoli, cook 2 to 3 minutes until the the sauce thickens.
- Pour over rice or noodles. Sprinkle with chive. Serve immediately.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved