Broccoli in Garlic Sauce is a delicous and easy to prepare vegetarian dish.
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli cut into florets (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp garlic grated
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 sprigs chive thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water for broccoli
- In a medium sized bowl, add grated garlic, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, rice cooking wine,
- cornstarch, sugar, and sesame oil. Stir and set aside.
- Wash and set aside broccoli florets in a bowl.
- Heat wok and add coconut oil. Add the broccoli and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and steam for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Note: You can still try a normal cast iron pot; just let it heat up first.
- Lower the heat. Pour garlic sauce over broccoli, cook 2 to 3 minutes until the the sauce thickens.
- Pour over rice or noodles. Sprinkle with chive. Serve immediately.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved