Broccoli in Coconut Cheese Sauce
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- Broccoli, steamed
- ½ cup fresh coconut milk
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp. onion, grated
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour (coconut flour or cornstarch to make it gluten free)
- ¼ – ½ cup cheese
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper flakes
- Wash and chop the broccoli.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Remove the steamed broccoli and set aside.
- Have the milk, coconut milk and grated onion prepared.
- Grate the cheese. Grate the nutmeg.
- In a deep sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the grated onion. Mix a little.
- Remove the sauce pan from the fire and add the flour.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the two types of milk.
- Remove the saucepan from the fire and mix in the cheese.
- Replace the saucepan on the fire and let it simmer until the liquid is smooth and somewhat thick.
- Stir in the pepper and salt to taste.
- In a serving bowl, place the broccoli and pour the sauce.
- Garnish with finely chopped chive.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved