Breadfruit Fish Cakes
- 2 cups boiled and mashed breadfruit
- 2 cups boiled and flaked saltfish
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 sprigs chive chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 2 pimento peppers diced finely
- a dash of paprika
- pepper to taste
- panko breadcrumbs for dusting
- coconut oil for frying
- Boil and mash the breadfruit.
- Boil and flake the saltfish making sure to squeeze out excess salt.
- In a deep bowl mix the breadfruit, saltfish, chive, onion, garlic, pepper and paprika.
- Pick up about 4tbsp of the mixture, shape into desired form and roll in panko breadcrumbs.
- In our case we made both logs and flat cakes.
- Fry until golden and drain on paper towels. Serve with dip of choice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved