Bodi and Saltfish
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Serves: Serves 5
- ½ lb saltfish
- 1 bundle bodi, chopped
- 2 pimento peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- Oil for sauteing
- Boil, clean and break up the saltfish into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium flame; saute the onion and garlic for about one minute or when it's beginning to look slightly brown. Add the bodi (long bean) and pimento pepper.
- Cook until tender. (Note: You may have to add a little water (approx ¼ cup) to the pot to avoid burning the bodi.)
- When the bodi is tender, add the saltfish and cook for about three minutes. Serve over rice or with roti or bake.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved