Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
- 2¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Sugar to dip
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together.
- In a small pot heat together the evaporated milk, sugar, and butter on a low flame, until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Add liquid to the flour, mix until you get a soft dough.
- Separate the dough into four equal size balls.
- Press down on a well greased sheet until it is about ½ inch thick. Sprinkle sugar over each flattened dough.
- Bake in a 300 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Makes 4 biscuits
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved