This is the best ever red salad you would ever taste.
- 2 large red tomatoes cut in chunks or slices
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp. grated beetroot
- lettuce leaves
- Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp. chadon beni
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper. Add the chadon beni and sugar and whisk well.
- Prepare the rest of ingredients: Grate the raw beetroot. (The red of the beetroot ensures the vegetables tossed with the vinaigrette stay red.) Slice the onion. Slice or chop the tomatoes.
- Toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette.
- Wash the lettuce. (If you can find red leaf lettuce it would do just fine as well). Place the tossed vegetables on a bed of lettuce. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved