Best Ever Red Salad
- 2 large red tomatoes cut in chunks or slices
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp. grated beetroot
- lettuce leaves
- Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp. chadon beni
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Make the vinaigrette:
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Add the chadon beni and sugar and whisk well.
- Grate the raw beetroot. (The red of the beetroot ensures the vegetables tossed with the vinaigrette stay red.)
- Slice the onion.
- Slice or chop the tomatoes.
- Toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette.
- Wash the lettuce. (If you can find red leaf lettuce it would do just fine as well). Place the tossed vegetables on a bed of lettuce. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved