Beef With Caraili
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- 1 lg or 2 medium caraili (cleaned & sliced)
- ½ lb beef (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 3 cups water (to boil caraili)
- 1 tbsp oil (for stir fry)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce, divided
- ½ tsp of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup rice cooking wine or rum
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- Boil caraili in 3 cups water with ½ tsp salt added for 3 minutes. Note: This will get some of the bitterness out.
- Season beef with ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp soy sauce, pepper, corn starch, cooking wine and a little water. Mix thoroughly and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok . Add onion and ginger. Stir for 1 minute. Add beef and ½ tsp salt. Stir evenly until beef changes colour and is completely cooked. Note: This step is critical. You have to make sure the beef is cut into thin strips and is fully cooked. You should not see any blood in the meat when cooked.
- Add boiled caraili and keep stirring for 2 mins. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and mix thoroughly. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved