Beef with Broccoli
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- ½ lb beef, sliced thinly
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce,
- Angostura bitters
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water (cornstarch mixture)
- ½ tbsp sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- Season the beef with the salt, sugar, soy sauce and rice cooking wine. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Chop the broccoli and set aside.
- Add the onions and saute for 1 minute. Add the beef . Stir until the beef changes colour and there is no blood showing in the meat.
- Add the broccoli stir for 1 minute. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you want to add noodles add it right before you pour the cornstarch mixture. Nutrition facts does not include the optional salt.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved