Beef in Hoisin Sauce
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- ½ lb beef , thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 sprig chive, chopped
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Slice the beef thinly.
- Set aside. Chop the onion, garlic and ginger
- In a wok heat the oil over a medium flame. Saute the ginger and garlic for one minute then add the onion.
- Add the beef and cook until tender.
- Add water, salt, sesame oil and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the cornstarch and hoisin sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped chive. Serve as a side or over rice or noodles.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved