This is a quick and tasty Chinese Recipe for you to enjoy, just leave out the MSG.
Prep Time: 5minutes mins
Cook Time: 10minutes mins
Total Time: 15minutes mins
- 1/2 lb beef thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 sprig chive chopped
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Slice the beef thinly.
- Set aside. Chop the onion, garlic and ginger
- In a wok heat the oil over a medium flame. Saute the ginger and garlic for one minute then add the onion.
- Add the beef and cook until tender.
- Add water, salt, sesame oil and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the cornstarch and hoisin sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped chive. Serve as a side or over rice or noodles.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved