Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 /2 cup Lima beans
- ¼ lb bacon ( about 4 – 5 strips)
- 1 /2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 med sweet pepper, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped lengthways
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese or Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- Pressure cook the Lima beans for 20 minutes. Rinse under cold water.
- Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Saute the bacon until crisp then drain on paper towels. Dice.
- Slice the red onion, tomato and the sweet pepper. Toss with the beans.
- Blend the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad, toss and marinate 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese, egg and bacon and serve.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved