This Bean Salad is not only delicious, but very healthy. It is a colourful salad that includes a lot of tasty ingredients.
- 1 /2 cup Lima beans
- 1/4 lb bacon about 4 – 5 strips
- 1 /2 cup red onion sliced
- 1 med sweet pepper sliced
- 3 to matoes chopped lengthways
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese or Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 eggs hard boiled and sliced
- Pressure cook the Lima beans for 20 minutes. Rinse under cold water.
- Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Saute the bacon until crisp then drain on paper towels. Dice.
- Slice the red onion, tomato and the sweet pepper. Toss with the beans.
- Blend the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad, toss and marinate 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese, egg and bacon and serve.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved