There is a new rave in Trinidad, and it’s called barbecue pigtail. The salted, semi smokey, barbecue-y flavour hits the spot every time.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 4 lbs pigtail
- 5 tbsp. green seasoning
- 5 bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic. peeled and chopped
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Water for boiling
- Boil for 30 to 45 minutes the first time. Drain and wash under cold water.
- Boil a second time for 30 minutes adding the bay leaf green seasoning and chopped garlic. Drain and set aside.
- Make the barbecue sauce. You can use the site recipe or your own favourite blend.
- To barbecue dip the pigtails in the barbecue sauce before putting it on the grill.
- Place over the grill and let cook until it achieves a golden brown colour. Then dip again in the barbecue sauce.
- Let cook for about 2 to 3 minutes then remove. Cut the pigtails at the joints(if you prefer) and serve with pepper and barbecue sauce.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved