Servings: 2 cheese cakes
- 2 cups sponge cake crumbs
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs I used banana bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg each
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 4 - 8 oz. packs cream cheese use at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and almond essence each
- Favorite cream frosting or see instructions below to make from scratch
- 2 apples and 2 banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 large pie pans 8 3/4" dia. x 1 5/32" or 22.2cm dia. x 2.9cm
- Mash the bananas. In another deep bowl place the cream cheese, sugar and mashed bananas. Cream the three ingredients at low speed. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat after each addition, gradually increasing speed to high. Stir in the vanilla and almond essence. Pour the creamed mixture into the shell.
- Melt the butter. Combine the melted butter and the crumbs together. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. Press the mixture into buttered pie pans (1/2 the mixture in each).
- Pour the creamed mixture into the shell and bake for about 75 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F or 160 degrees C.
- Turn oven off, leave the oven door open a bit, and leave the cake in for about 30 minutes. Transfer to cool in room temperature. Decorate and refrigerate the cake for about about 7 hours before serving.
- Frosting: Cream 3 tbsp. soft butter, a few grains of salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, and 1 cup of icing sugar. Blend in 2 1/2 tbsp. warm milk. Beat until smooth. Add more icing sugar or milk if necessary.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved