Baked Stuffed Potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes washed
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp. grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning
- 3 cups grated cheese divided
- 2 tbsp. butter unsalted
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste optional
- Wash and boil the potatoes for approximately 25 minutes. (Note: Although time is given, what we want to achieve is a 3/4 cooked potato. The potato must not be too soft!) Cut in halves, scoop out the centre and place in a greased baking tin.
- For the filling, add to the scooped out potato, sweet pepper, grated carrot, onion and garlic, green seasoning, 1 cup of grated cheese, butter and black pepper. Mix and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each potato with the filling. Top with the remaining 2 cups of grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved