Baked Parmesan chicken
This recipe shows how a trini baked chicken and Parmesan cheese can be paired to give you a surprisingly delicious and innovative dish.
- 2 chicken leg and thigh
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Separate the legs from the thighs. Season and marinate chicken for at least 3 hours. Note: I used our famous green seasoning along with some chadon beni, garlic, onion etc. to season the chicken. You can add your own blend of seasonings.
- Place pot over medium flame and add oil Add chicken in hot oil and brown on both sides for about 4 minutes (i.e. 2 mins each side)
- Place chicken in greased dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- While your chicken is baking, mix all the seasonings with the cheese. Toss well and set aside.
- After 30 minutes remove foil and sprinkle half of the cheese over the chicken. Cover back with the foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Afterward turn the chicken over and sprinkle the rest of Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved