This recipe shows how a Trini baked chicken and Parmesan cheese can be paired to give you a surprisingly delicious and innovative dish.
Prep Time: 3 hrs
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 3 hrs 45 mins
Baked Parmesan chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken leg and thigh
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Separate the legs from the thighs. Season and marinate chicken for at least 3 hours. Note: I used our famous green seasoning along with some chadon beni, garlic, onion etc. to season the chicken. You can add your own blend of seasonings.
- Place pot over medium flame and add oil Add chicken in hot oil and brown on both sides for about 4 minutes (i.e. 2 mins each side)
- Place chicken in greased dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 – 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- While your chicken is baking, mix all the seasonings with the cheese. Toss well and set aside.
- After 30 minutes remove foil and sprinkle half of the cheese over the chicken. Cover back with the foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Afterward turn the chicken over and sprinkle the rest of Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve cool.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved