- 2 caraili bitter gourd, karela
- 1 lb minced chicken
- 1 cup cheese grated
- 2 sweet pepper small
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup green seasoning
- salt to taste
- Slice the sweet pepper. Wash and slit the caraili longitudinally. Remove the seeds.
- Blanche the caraili in hot water. Remove and place in cold water. Set aside.
- Note: Alternatively, you can use the salting method explained earlier
- but you will have to do it 30 minutes before attempting the recipe.
- Season the meat with the green seasoning and salt.
- In a deep pot, saute the onion in oil until translucent,
- then add the minced chicken. Leave to cook, stirring every now and then.
- Remove when the meat absorbs the liquid and is properly cooked .
- Stuff the caraili with the minced chicken.
- Then top the minced chicken with the thin slices of sweet pepper.
- Finally top with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Remove and leave to cool. Cut into 1″ slices before serving.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved