This Apple Lemon with Cinnamon Muffins is sugar-free and makes a great breakfast idea.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Keywords: muffin, cupcake, apple lemon with cinnamon muffin, apple muffin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 large apple- peeled, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the honey, cinnamon, eggs, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk. Mix the creamed ingredients into the flour mixture until evenly moist. Fold in the apples. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 1 to 2 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.