Almond Chicken Bites
- 4 chicken breasts boned and skinned
- 3 tbsp. rice cooking wine
- 4 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 tbsp. + 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 4 -5 lettuce leaves shredded (this will form the bed when serving the chicken)
- oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken breasts into 3 x 1 inch strips and place in a bowl.
- Season chicken with green seasoning and salt. Toss.
- Combine rice cooking wine, 2 tbsp cornstarch, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Place strips into bowl and toss.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to marinade for an hour.
- In another bowl combine 4 tbsp cornstarch with the ground almonds.
- Place egg in a bowl and beat lightly.
- Dip the chicken strips in egg then in the almond mixture.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pot. Deep fry for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved