These almond chicken bites are much like fried chicken with crunchy crushed almonds.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Keywords: fry chicken, almond chicken,
- 4 chicken breasts boned and skinned
- 3 tbsp. rice cooking wine
- 4 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 tbsp. + 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 4 -5 lettuce leaves shredded (this will form the bed when serving the chicken)
- oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken breasts into 3 x 1 inch strips and place in a bowl.
- Season chicken with green seasoning and salt. Toss.
- Combine rice cooking wine, 2 tbsp cornstarch, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Place strips into bowl and toss.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and leave to marinade for an hour.
- In another bowl combine 4 tbsp cornstarch with the ground almonds.
- Place egg in a bowl and beat lightly.
- Dip the chicken strips in egg then in the almond mixture.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pot. Deep fry for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with sweet and sour sauce or plum sauce.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved