A Simple Soup
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 3 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 2 sprig chive finely chopped
- 2 large red tomato chopped
- 2 potato peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 tin corn
- 1 pack ramen noodles
- Salt to taste optional
- 5 cups water
- Melt the butter over a low to medium flame. Saute the onion and garlic then add the chadon beni (culantro) and chive. Add the tomatoes and let it cook in its own juices for about a minute.
- Then add about 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt to taste. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Then strain. The stock is now ready.
- Return the stock to the pot on a medium flame. Add the potatoes, carrots and corn. When the potatoes are just about cooked add the ramen noodles and the rest of the chive. Stir until ramen is cooked. Season to taste ( salt, pepper etc.) Serve hot
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved