Vegetable Chow Mein
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 tin (425 g) baby corn
- 1 tin (400 g) button mushroom
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet pepper,
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 184 g lou mein egg noodles (enriched egg noodles)
- 2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. corn starch (for solution)
- ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- Oil for frying (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 sprig chive, chopped (optional)
- Boil and drain noodles. Cut up the vegetables. Mix the cornstarch solution (1/2 tsp. cornstarch : 1 tbsp. water) and set aside.
- Heat wok and bring oil to a boil over a medium to high flame. Add the onion and stir fry for 30 seconds. Stir fry the carrots and sweet pepper for 1 minute. Then add the corn, mushrooms and cabbage.
- Stir fry for 1 minute until the vegetables are cooked. Add seasonings (except corn starch and sesame oil) then thicken with corn starch solution.
- Add sesame oil, noodles and chive stirring evenly. Turn off heat. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved