- 1 tin (425 g) baby corn
- 1 tin (400 g) button mushroom
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet pepper,
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 184 g lou mein egg noodles (enriched egg noodles)
- 2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. corn starch (for solution)
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- Oil for frying (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 sprig chive, chopped (optional)
Boil and drain noodles. Cut up the vegetables. Mix the cornstarch solution (1/2 tsp. cornstarch : 1 tbsp. water) and set aside.
Heat wok and bring oil to a boil over a medium to high flame. Add the onion and stir fry for 30 seconds. Stir fry the carrots and sweet pepper for 1 minute. Then add the corn, mushrooms and cabbage.
Stir fry for 1 minute until the vegetables are cooked. Add seasonings (except corn starch and sesame oil) then thicken with corn starch solution.
Add sesame oil, noodles and chive stirring evenly. Turn off heat. Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved