Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Cuisine: Creole, Caribbean
Yield: 1 bake
- 2 cups plain flour (or ¾ plain and ¼ wholewheat)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted (or lard)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Rub in the fat and slowly mix enough water to make a smooth dough. Cover with a damp cloth and allow the dough to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into two balls and shape them. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll each out on a floured board with a rolling pin to about a ½" thick.
- Cook in a hot deep heavy pot or baking stone (tawah) until it rises and is brown. Turn over to other side to cook. Remove and serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved