Cow Heel Soup
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Soups
- 1 lb. cow heel (about 5 pieces)
- 8 cups Water
- ½ lb. split peas
- ½ lb. pumpkin, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 8 green figs (bananas), chopped
- ½ lb. dasheen, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 Pimento
- 1 pk. chicken noodle soup (optional)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Parsley, chive, chadon beni (3 tsp. each)
- ¼ tsp. Salt (to taste)
- Dumplings (about 10 small, made from flour)
- Note: Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
- Place the cow heel in 4 cups of water. Add salt, garlic, and some of your favorite green seasoning. Pressure-cook the cow heel until it is soft.
- In another pot boil (or pressure-cook) the split peas, onion, pimento, garlic, chive, and green seasoning in 4 cups of water. Cook the split peas until soft.
- Clean and dice the provision. Boil the provision in water. When done remove the provision and set aside.
- Make the dumplings.
- Add cow heel, bouillon cubes (optional), provision, dumplings and chicken noodle soup to the cooked split peas and allow to simmer.
- Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved