Cow Heel Soup2012-10-30
- 1 lb. cow heel (about 5 pieces)
- 8 cups Water
- ½ lb. split peas
- ½ lb. pumpkin, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 8 green figs, chopped
- ½ lb. dasheen, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 Pimento
- 1 pk. chicken noodle soup (optional)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Parsley, chive, chadon beni (3 tsp. each)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt (to taste)
- Dumplings (about 10 small, made from flour)
- Note: Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
Place the cow heel in 4 cups of water. Add salt, garlic, and some of your favorite green seasoning. Pressure-cook the cow heel until it is soft.
In another pot boil (or pressure-cook) the split peas, onion, pimento, garlic, chive, and green seasoning in 4 cups of water. Cook the split peas until soft.
Clean and dice the provision. Boil the provision in water. When done remove the provision and set aside.
Make the dumplings.
Add cow heel, bouillon cubes (optional), provision, dumplings and chicken noodle soup to the cooked split peas and allow to simmer.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved
This information is per serving.
Fat, Total4.3 g
Dietary Fiber, Total4 g
sugar, Toral16 g
Folate (DFE)30 g
Vitamin A (RAE)775 g