Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts /Snacks
Cuisine: East Indian
Yield: 48 1" squares
- 3 cups full cream milk powder
- ¾ tin Nestle Cream (170g)
- 2½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. ground Elychee (cardamom)
- Candy sprinkles (optional)
- Note: Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients.
- Mix the milk and cream...until it starts to develop a dry crumbly texture. (Note: It would take a bit of mixing to bring it to this stage). Then sift the mixture through a fine sieve or strainer.
- Grease a baking dish and add some sprinkles.
- Bring to a boil the water, sugar, ginger, and cardamom. (The sugar has to be reduced right before it spins a thread, which could be anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes).
- Pour over the milk and mix quickly. Then place in the greased dish and press with your hands.
- Add more sprinkles on the top. Cut into squares before it cools.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved